The tragedy multiplied several times when the national government turned its back on the area as it was left to recover on its own despite the downpour of foreign aid.
Six months after the calamity, Bituen volunteers visited the area to establish that aside from temporary bunkhouses, Red Cross and the distribution of relief goods by DSWD are the only signs of national government presence in the province.
Leyte 6 months after typhoon Haiyan.
Mass grave in Palo Leyte where hundreds of cadavers were piled up on top of another.
Bituen priority programs are: Reading Caravan (books distribution to marginalized children), Sustainability 101 (forum & workshop integrating 3Rs with sustainable lifestyle), and Talent workshop for marginalized youths. Everybody is encouraged to contribute to this program through the Paypal donation button.
For Philippine donors, cash donation may be submitted through:
1. Bank of Commerce, Savings Account: BITUEN - 035-20-004471-0 or
2. Banco de Oro (Payments- Smart Money) CARD number: 5299-6737-0016-6104
In-kind donations of:
* seedlings (vegetable, fruit trees, ornamental plants)
* gardening tools
* kubo materials (labig, bamboo, wood post, nails, cement, etc)
* carpentry tools (hammer, saw, planer, tape measure, utility knife, lay out square, chisel, clamp, power drill, screw drivers, trowels, etc)
may also be sent through:
Bituen Community Garden (Tacloban)
2109-B Col. Santos St., South Cembo,
Makati City 1214 Philippnes
International Donors, please click here for Paypal donations.